07 January 2014

On the Conquering of Mountain Passes in Breckenridge, Colorado by Dirt Bike in 2012

I wrote this in the summer of 2012 and totally forgot about this post until today.  Whoops.

Krishna did something amazing.  As my birthday present, he secretly arranged for us to take a trip out to Colorado to go dirt bike riding with a bunch of his racing buddies.  My hubs knows me so well!  :)

We ended up staying in an impressive chalet that could sleep something like 20 people comfortably.  The owners were apparently big hunters, because there were trophies in every room--including a moose in the great room.  Let's just say it grew on me.


I had no inkling of what a terrible rider I was until I tried going off-road.  I spent the first 3 days with a death grip on the handle bars, but at least I didn't get nervous and yak in my helmet.  That's a plus, right?


Fearless and manipulative little rodent.  He ended up making a show of perching on one of our buddies' boots, and in return he got crumbs of cliff bars.  No doubt we killed the poor creature with our handouts.


A beautiful scene in Alma, CO--the highest incorporated town in the country!  (2014 edit: Probably not anymore.  Hah!)


Insert cliche statement about bridging the gender divide.


Yeah, it doesn't look like it, but the climb up was tough (at least, for me).  I'm positive that SUV came up a different road than we did.


This was my first water crossing ever.  I balanced with my feet in the air and didn't get wet.  Amazing!


I have such great friends.  Thanks for the perfect commemorative chocolate!


These are my favorite directions.  I'll have to get myself more of this.  Also, more chocolate.


No comments:

Post a Comment