|Chestnuts roasting on an open fire... The song inspired me to learn to cook with chestnuts.|
15 to 20 large chestnuts
Pinch of salt
Cinnamon powder(for dipping)
- Make sure your chestnuts are clean, then cover them with water and boil them for around 30 minutes.
- Cut the chestnuts in half, and use the small spoon to scoop out their meat into the sieve.
- Press the chestnuts firmly through the sieve to make chestnut flour. It will look a bit like sawdust, but trust me, it is delicious!
- Add a small pinch of salt to bring out the sweetness of the dish, then add honey to your taste and mix. You don't want it to be too wet, just to come together.
- Now shape your chestnut dough into tiny chestnut shapes, and dip their ends in the cinnamon powder. You're finished. Yum!