05 September 2012

More Kryolan!


DermaColor Light Setting Powder in N1




I feel neutral about this setting powder.  It has a very fine texture, and does a nice job of setting my cream foundation and concealer, but for some reason I don't love it.  I think the main reason is its scent; I don't like using scented products because they tend to irritate my skin.  I can't say this stuff has caused a problem, but I guess I can't shake my ingrained bias against similar products.

I generally use Bobbi Brown's Face Powder in Pale Yellow (1) to set my makeup, but I like the texture and color of the DermaColor better.  




Kryolan SkinLiner in 50 (Teal) and 21 (Brown)
I don't believe that looking beautiful and being active should be mutually exclusive. To those who say otherwise, I bite my thumb at them. Hah!

I bought these two liners because I'm always on the search for an eyeliner that will stay put regardless of what I'm doing.    This product is meant to offer smudge free, waterproof lines wherever it is put.  I am very happy with the staying power of the teal liner, but the brown liner doesn't stay on nearly as well.  The formulas must be different.  

Now that I have taken a good look at the Kryolan website, it says that #21 is not meant to be used in the eye area (at least, not in the US), so I imagine whatever ingredient isn't in the clear is what is causing the issue.  My recommendation?  Use the colors that are cleared for use in the US, because they seem to have superior formulas.

No comments:

Post a Comment