04 March 2012

Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

Choices, choices...



Clarisonic Mia           vs.            Olay Pro-X



      I had been thinking about getting myself a Clarisonic Mia for a while, but was on the fence. I hadn't been convinced it was as great as people said it was, especially for the price.  I had decided to get one after trying my sister's over the holiday break, when I got this little gadget as a stocking-stuffer.  I was not impressed.  I didn't believe something so cheap and low-tech could compete with the sonic powered Mia.  I spend some of my free time shadowing in a dental office, and when we want to get our instruments clean we use a sonic cleaner.  I've seen it work wonders.  If you were to try to convince me you could do the same job as well in the same amount of time using a scrub brush, I'd politely say something with absolutely no meaning while secretely thinking you were hopeless.

      Since using the Pro-X for the last two months, I've come to a satisfying conclusion.

      The Mia is like this nice, new Lotus Elise.  It has a shiny, sleek exterior, and tons of research and work has gone into making it the best it can be. The price reflects that, and driving it will make you feel like hot stuff. However, it isn't going to do a much better job of getting you to your destination than something less flashy, say, this  Subaru Impreza.  The reason?  Limits.  In this case, speed limits.  You can break the rules and go faster, but there could be painful consequences.  And truthfully--the only reason you like the Elise is prettier and  you had to give up more to own it.  This is similar to the Mia vs. the Pro-X.

      Mia is great, and I feel that my time with her was too short.  Honestly, though, you can only exfoliate your face so much before things begin to go downhill.  I'm not trying to remove contagious disease transmitting crap from my face.  I just want to slough off the dead cells whose time has passed without getting carried away.  The Pro-X allows me to do that, while still feeling proud of myself for reigning in my compulsive spending.  I recommend you try it.  I use it in the shower every day, and that, combined with my Missha BB Cream, has kept the desert from overtaking my face for about a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment